Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sick Day

James is sick, unfortunately.
With a fever of 102. At least he was last night.
I know he'll get better thanks to all the prayers. :)

I never really thought about what you're supposed to do when someone gets sick with such a high fever. After I took James' temp. I felt a little scared and... dumb.

How could I not know what to do?
Then I thought about it and came up with this excuse.
"I'm used to being the sick person not the 'other' who takes care of the sick one."

So, Thank You Mom for answering my late night phone call!
Now I know what medicine to give him, and know to keep him hydrated and that he shouldn't force himself to eat but to have him eat little bits when he's feeling like he can. Otherwise, he'll throw up.

This is good training for when I'll be a mother someday. :)
    YAY! haha


So I'm not going to be at Church today.. I'm taking care of my husband and I don't want to bring the sickness with me and get my little sunbeams sick. 
Thank goodness I have at least one more week with them till they'll be switched and off to the big kid classes. 


______________________________________________________________________


So I was wanting to share something I saw on Pinterest and and actually took the time to make.

It's called the "Bored Jar".

When you're bored take out a slip of folded paper from the Jar.. read it & do it.

It might say, "Netflix" as in go watch some Netflix! 
or
"Give him a big smooch!" (by him I mean, James. or maybe my little brother's cheek.)

My Bored Jar is just a glass jar. Simple. 

 

It took me about an hour to write out random things that I would do instead of being bored.

Some have to do with exercise.
or better posture.
Some are about service. (helping, cleaning or babysitting.)
Going on date nights.
Writing nice notes anonymously. 
Cooking.
Rearranging.
Organizing.
Music.
even flossing.

It was a lot of fun coming up with my own ideas instead of copying someone else's ideas.

Random Fact: That stuffed animal was given to me by my daddy the day I went to the ER and learned about my ovarian cysts.

It's special. 


Till next time.. have a wonderful day and think nice things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment