Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December ER visit #2

In my last post I mentioned James had a high fever of 102.  
The next day he had a fever of 100.8, he was coughing hard and constantly being too hot or too cold.
I was really getting worried seeing him so miserable.
He got to a point where it was hard for him to breathe. SCARY.

Sooo,
my mother in law, Sheri, came over and gave him a bunch of natural remedies/stuff to help him feel better &
They actually have been helping a lot. Some of it tastes nasty but works.
It's now the day after Christmas, his temperature has gone down and he's slowly getting rid of the cough and runny nose.

Thankfully he only has to be at work for half the day today.
Actually, he just came home. They're giving him the next two days off! :)

I think I might be catching the flu that he had. I'm trying my best to stay healthy.
Hopefully I don't get it.

On Christmas Eve James got a blessing and we decided to get him to the HyVee Clinic in town and after seeing her she sent us to the Emergency Room at the Avera Marshall Hopital to get a 
Chest X-Ray because he was wheezing after every breath.

James was miserable. Extremely cold, coughing, his nostrils felt like they were burning. 
We were relieved to find out he didn't have Strep but was diagnosed with Viral Syndrome.

Basically: A really bad flu.

All you can do is stay hydrated and rest.

So that's what we've been doing the last few days.

________________________________________________________________

James and I actually had our Christmas on Sunday night.
He wasn't feeling good and instead of watching a movie we wanted to open a present from each other.

We were planning on only opening one. When I say "We", I really mean me.

But we were so happy we ended up opening them all up.


After getting home from the Hospital on Christmas Eve I went downstairs to my parents place and we exchanged & opened our Christmas Presents and ate yummy dinner.

Then on Christmas Day James' parents came over and we opened presents with them and ate some more yummy dinner.

MmmMmm.


Now that Christmas is over... we're getting closer to the New Year!
So excited!



Till next time.. have a wonderful day and think nice things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment